Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pickles and Peanut Butter

Whaddup fans and groupies!? Welcome to my brand new blog, Trish the Dish! Where I...Trish...give you the DISH. See what I did there? I'll give you the dish on the trials and tribulations of the sick joke that is my life, while trying to incorporate as much food into these entries as possible. FUN. So today after spending a decent three or four minutes contemplating what to write my first entry about, it struck me. The most delicious, salty and sweet, perfectly satisfying, all around amazing and completely underrated combination...pickles and peanut butter!



...As if you didn't already think I was the weirdest person on the planet. If you've never tried this sensational combo of gherkins and PB, you're really missing out. Yesterday, after blowing $150 on a new tire (thanks for fucking up my car, Manayunk!), and meeting my future husband Stuart/Jordan, Molly (name has been changed for privacy reasons) and I ventured to the magical ShopRite that we never knew existed just a few blocks away. Best. Decision. Ever. Massive jar of pickles (dill, obvi...I don't fuck with that bread and butter bullshit) for $2!? Sold. ShopRite is my new favorite place. If only they sold vodka...

Anyways, we got home and immediately broke into the pickles. Cold and crunchy goodness...hollaaa! When I broke out the jar of peanut butter for these bad boy dills to scoop up, things started getting weird. Lots of "what the fuck!?" faces later, and I still hadn't convinced either of my roommates that this is the most heavenly combination evaaa. After a few google searches, I'm happy to report that I'm not alone in my bizarre obsession! Overload of recipes for pickle/PB sandwiches (what a waste of bread) and pictures galore. That's what's up. Best of all? It's vegan!



All I have to say....don't knock it 'til you try it. I even contemplated naming this blog "Pickles and Peanut Butter." Overboard? Taste it. You'll never doubt me ever again. And you'll be craving it for weeks to come. Let the pregnant jokes begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment